WITH 2018 behind us, it’s only reasonable to anticipate the next big thing around the corner this new year.
Last year was undoubtedly full of surprises and breakthroughs in the fields of science, entertainment and technology and this year promises no less; with many more exciting pending projections including the following courtesy of Quantumrun.com
1) 5G compatible laptops to arrive by 2019 thanks to Intel/HP/Lenovo/Dell partnership.
2)Tech-heads will be thrilled to know that GM’s self-driving cars become available for ride-sharing services, potentially competing with Uber.
3) For the lovers of series Game of Thrones’ Season 8 set to air and present viewers with the most epic battle scenes created for TV.
4) Saudi oil giant, Saudi Aramco, will release its first IPO Is late in 2019.
5) Harley-Davidson finally releases its electric motorcycle, Project LiveWire.
6) SpaceX gigabit internet satellites launch early in 2019, offering a new, global internet service by the end of the year.
7) Volvo ceases production of new product lines of petrol cars and focuses entirely on designing electric vehicles.
8) Foldable phones to make a comeback in 2019, especially smartphones with foldable screens.
9) PlayStation 5 will be released late in the year.
10) Worldwide, the Internet officially becomes bigger than TV this year in terms of minutes spent consuming content.
11) Video game release date schedule for 2019.
12) List of top Bollywood films set for release in 2019.
13) The Benban Solar Park, the world’s largest solar park will finish construction in Egypt by late 2019.
14) The world’s largest offshore wind farm is completed.
15) Movie release schedule for 2019 including the Lego Movie 2, Toy Story 4 and Jumanji.
16) Significant economic recession impact the US early in 2019 that spreads globally.
17) Star Wars: Episode IX’ is released in theatres.
18) NASA completes the Unmanned Aerial System Traffic Management (UTM) to manaage drone traffic in our skies.
19) European Union permits the use of self-driving vehicles on roads throughout the EU.
20) Avengers: Infinity War, Part II’ is released in theaters.
21) Tesla produces over 500, 000 cars for the first time.
22) James Webb Space Telescope is launched into orbit to discover liquid water on other planets.
23) Cost of solar panels, per watt, equals US$1.4.
24) Global reserves of Manganese is fully mined and depleted.
25) England’s “Crossrail” is fully built.
26) Skylon (spacecraft) goes into operation.
27) World population forecasted to reach 7, 678, 174, 000.
28) World sales of electric vehicles reaches 5, 900, 000.
29) Predicted global mobile web traffic equals 16 exabytes.
30) Global Internet traffic grows to 158 exabytes.
The author is a journalist, writer and Student pursuing her Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication and Public Relations.
For comments and suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org